Sunday, July 24, 2011

The search continues....

Alright so I went to Southwest!
ehh.... it was quite a different experience

I love to tell stories and this is a good one!
So my sister and I head to Southwest Sunday morning, we are looking cute in our Sunday best and I have my new Bonnie bracelet on!!
Welp, we show up and the church building is HUGE, a little intimidating... there are windows everywhere and we joke that we won't know what door to go in and everyone would be looking and laughing at the new girls...we shoudln't have spoken so soon!!!
We got out of the car and didn't know where to go!! No joke we were walking around outside feeling like idiots...I told her we needed to walk back to the car and leave!! HAHA...We didn't, as we were "leaving" I found a door to go in. Inside is really nice and worship had already started so we walk in and quickly find that we are VERY much out of place.....

  See the pictures below... But we walked in and saw that we were the youngest by 30 years....and the brightest color other than Necia was forest green. We felt a little like the street walkers that decide to come to church that everyone stares at;) We just didn't feel like we fit in... I don't want to bash the church or the pastor. It was just not the church for me.

From last week to this week it was complete and total opposites age wise.... Ugh this is not going to be easy. BUT There are LOTS of churches and I will move on to the next one! Won't let it get me down!

This was us feeling awkward in church....
 Street walker number one....
Street walker number two....
 Street walker number two wearing her wordless bracelet


So we decided to enjoy the rest of the beautiful Sunday! We went wine tasting:)
 And got FroYo!!!! LOVE IT!!!!

2 comments:

  1. my sweet and perfect church girls. I am so proud of you both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Mary, I felt the same when Eric and I went to Door of Hope only opposite...We were the senior citizens and everyone else was 20 to 30 something. We were just missing the handicap parking permit, but at least I still color my hair :-/
    I do think it's worth you and Necia trying. It's got good solid teaching, great music/worship & seems very much alive. Son Eric and his wife go and love it :)
    I'm proud of you too.

    ReplyDelete