Monday, January 28, 2013

One year ago

What a difference a year makes.

 One year ago today I met the love of my life.
I can't believe that it has only been a year, it feels like I have known him my whole life. Chris is one of the sweetest, kindest most loving people I've ever met in my entire life. Sitting here after having my wisdom teeth pulled, thinking about how fast life changes I thought I would get it in writing how I feel...

I had no idea when I pulled up in the parking lot one year ago to meet Chris for a blind date that I would be walking up to my husband!

As you all know our relationship went FAST, we fell in love fast and we fell hard. I couldn't be happier!
I tried to fight it (not very hard) but he fought harder and knew what he wanted. If you'll let me, I just want to take a moment to brag about MY husband.

Last night as I went to be around 10:30, it was about an hour until my next dose of meds were due. Chris had been going a little stir crazy staying inside with me all day and wasn't tired AT ALL. I asked that if he was still awake in a hour to wake me up and give me my meds, but if not don't worry about it and ill get them in the morning. My sweet husband set his alarm and woke me up exactly one hour later to give me my pills. This is just one of the many ways he cares for me.

All weekend he sat with me and waited on me hand and foot... he had a hard time letting me get up to pee! He did dished, made me soup, got me water, kept track of my meds..all the while telling me how pretty I was.

I truly enjoy spending all my time with him (some may rolls their eyes and say you're still in the honeymoon stage) I really don't think so. If you know me at all, you know that I don't love all people :) I get tired of even my best friends (no offense, love you all!) But I think God had made Chris to be the perfect balance of what I need.
 My parents keep telling him, he is just who they prayed for.
He is funny as ever, he is so smart, he loves kids and is such a great teacher! He loves his family, he respects them. He loves Jesus. He LOVES soccer and is sooo good at it!
I just love him:)

He is the first picture we ever took:) It was Valentines Day 2012

And one year later we are back to our first date site Casa Del Matador
(don't mind the puffy cheeks and half smile, I'm in pain)



No comments:

Post a Comment